There’s much more to a career in space than being an astronaut. There are many exciting career paths to follow right here on Earth. Space law, medicine, design and manufacturing, robotics and data analysis. We need a range of skills to support our growing space sector.
Building a future workforce
We’re inspiring the future workforce to study subjects and gain experience that will sustain and grow our national space industry.
Our goal is to triple the size of the sector and create up to 20,000 new Australian jobs by 2030. We are:
- supporting STEM and space-related initiatives and organisations around Australia
- developing programs to enable students and young professionals to gain real-world space-related educational and professional experiences
- attracting international space experts into the Australian space education and industrial sectors
- inspiring the next generation through the fascinating aspects of space
- showcasing the diverse career paths in the Australian space sector and of Australian space professionals working internationally
- supporting national activities that inspire an interest in space
- collaborating with state and territory governments, industry, academia and research institutions
Launch your career in space
Space is a multidisciplinary domain and needs all sorts of skillsets and types of people.
Connect with us
- Follow us on Instagram @australianspaceagency
- Join us on Facebook @australianspaceagency
- Follow us on Twitter @AusSpaceAgency
- Australian Space Agency on LinkedIn
- Subscribe to email updates
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 08 8432 1400
- Head office: Lot Fourteen, McEwin Building. North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5000
- Write to us at Australian Space Agency, GPO Box 2013, CANBERRA ACT 2601