Call for businesses to develop SSIs
You should talk to us if you’re a business doing any of these things:
- operating in the traditional space sector
- providing goods and services, and you identify space as a potential new market
- using space technologies as a key part of your business model, like supporting agriculture or remote asset management.
Conditions for an SSI
To develop an SSI, commercial organisations must:
- be Australian, or an Australian subsidiary of an international organisation
- align their activities with the Australian Civil Space Strategy’s priority areas, strategic pillars or both
- align investments and activities with the Australian Civil Space Strategy’s investment principles
- identify and quantify the investments they will make in Australia – these must contribute to the growth of our space industry and lift the economy
- ensure the proposed investment’s business practices align with the agency’s values and do not violate human rights or Australian laws.
Opportunities for startups
Our department provides support for startups on business.gov.au.
CSIRO funding schemes can help businesses with a turnover of less than $100 million.