Resources Policy Group
The Resources Policy Group (RPG) is responsible for identifying and developing responses to key issues affecting Australia’s onshore resources sector.
RPG members are Australian, state and territory government officials. Our department provides secretariat support for the RPG.
The RPG aims to ensure that the resources sector:
- remains internationally competitive
- maintains access to land for future exploration and development
- operates within responsible, transparent and consistent legal frameworks
The group also supports greater information-sharing by governments to ensure Australians have confidence in the regulation of resource activities.
- addresses land use challenges through the Multiple Land Use Framework
- implements actions in the COAG Energy Council Gas Supply Strategy
- promotes leading practice through the Better Practice Community Engagement Case Studies
- collaborates with CSIRO on research to improve community confidence and acceptance of the minerals resources industry
- Read the COAG Resources Policy Group's Terms of Reference [PDF 66KB] [DOCX 61KB]
- Find out about the COAG Energy Council roles and responsibilities in their Terms of Reference
- Read research about stakeholder engagement processes for mining projects
- Read research about the lifecycle and benefit distribution of extractive industries
Last updated: 12 November 2020
Content ID: 44311