Prime Minister's Prizes for Science
Latest News: Nominations for the 2015 Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science is now open for the first stage (shortlisting). Submissions close on 26 March at 5.00 pm Canberra local time.
About the Science Prizes
The Prime Minister's Prizes for Science are the nation's finest awards for excellence in science and science teaching. The six prizes awarded annually are:
- Prime Minister's Prize for Science
- Prime Minister’s Prize for the Commercial Application of Science (new prize)
- Frank Fenner Prize for Life Scientist of the Year
- Malcolm McIntosh Prize for Physical Scientist of the Year
- Prime Minister's Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Primary Schools
- Prime Minister's Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Secondary Schools.
Six prizes are awarded annually,
recognising the contributions that our scientists and science teachers are making to Australia's current and future scientific capabilities.
Nominations for 2015 are now open, closing 26 March, 5.00 pm.