The Department of Industry Portfolio was established on 18 September 2013.
The new department consolidates the Australian Government’s efforts to drive economic growth, productivity and competitiveness by bringing together industry, energy, resources, science and skills.
Our portfolio comprises the Department of Industry along with portfolio/prescribed agencies.
The Portfolio Regulation Reform Taskforce
Our organisation structure
Legal and legislative reporting
Key documents and corporate publications
The Department of Industry’s charter and strategic plan will be available in due course.
Key documents for the former portfolio-related departments, including annual reports and plans are available:
- Corporate publications - publications relating to the former Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education and Department of Resources Energy and Tourism (RET).
- RET reporting - reporting requirements from the former Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism (RET) including Senate order on Agency contracts and grants reporting.
- Departmental media releases
- Ministerial media releases - Current media releases speeches and transcripts. Media releases, speeches and transcripts from our previous Ministers are provided in the website archive.
- Social media - we use social media to share the latest information on our programs and services, and to enable two-way conversations and feedback.
- Media contacts - the department's media team can be contacted by journalists with media enquiries regarding activities and programs overseen by the department or within the portfolio.
Our department is progressive, people-focused, and committed to the development, health and wellbeing of its employees.
- Contact us for further information about programmes and services delivered by the department.